Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop Grindstone 3 "away window" from taking over my laptop screen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop Grindstone 3 "away window" from taking over my laptop screen?

I couldn't find anything on this topic in the forums, but I hope I might get some help with this problem I'm having.
    I really appreciate Grindstone 3, and the function that reminds me to consider what I have been working on while I was away from my computer.
    But here's the issue; I generally work with two screens - one external in addition to my laptop-screen. The problem occurs when I am working just on my laptop. If I leave the computer and come back, the "away dialog window" covers up and "blanks out" my screen - but I am not able to access the commands to choose a task and get back to my work. To get back in control of my computer, I have to enter Task manager on Windows and end all of Grindstones tasks. I recently switched to Windows 10, and not even the Task manager seems to override the "away window". I simply had to restart my computer to regain control.

Am I the only one with this problem? If so - what am I doing wrong? And what can I do to keep the function "what have you been working on..." without having to restart my computer every time I return to it?

Thanx!

This happens because the wrong window is given focus when the away dialog comes up. Use Alt+Tab to move to the AwayDialog window and not the BlankOut windows. This will let you choose the task you'd like to record.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Wink ;) Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X